Yes, we are living longer than past generations. Drug research and medical advancements have provided us with greater healthcare. It is important for us to consider that along with that longevity, for many of us, will come a long term care need. It is strongly advised that we prepare for that need.
A long term care event can be costly and extended in its duration. The medical decisions you and or your loved ones may be forced to make will affect your assets and possibly involve both a financial and a time commitment by your extended family.
A long term care event may be paid by:
- Savings you have accumulated and identified to be used for this purpose
- Liquidation of assets you own that have been identified for that purpose
- Looking to governmental assistance to “take care of you” at this state and time in your life
- Looking to you children and other extended family members for support, care and financial assistance
- Transferring the risk to an insurance company in whole or in part through a long term care insurance policy or a life insurance/long term care hybrid policy
Attorney Allan L. Baron holds a Massachusetts Health and Life Insurance License and is able to discuss and help you to apply for a long term care policy that suits your needs and ability to pay.
Learn more about Long Term Care and Long Term Care Insurance through these public resources:
- Understanding Long Term Care – AARP / Long Term Care Insurance from Genworth Financial
- 2011 Cost of Care / Long Term Care survey – Genworth Financial
- Genworth Financial presents – Know Your Options
- Lincoln Money Guard® Resource Plus Client Summary about paying for long term care
- Embrace Your Future – Planning Guide for long term support in Massachusetts
- Forbes 10 Things to Know about Long Term Care (LTC) Insurance
Schedule An Initial Consultation
We, at Baron Law & Mediation can help you with any of these issues. We would be happy to meet with you. Contact us to schedule a confidential consultation. We offer flexible scheduling to accommodate your busy lifestyle. Weekend and evening appointments are available upon request. If you are in need of experienced Massachusetts attorneys, please call us today to GET STARTED:
Massachusetts Long Term Care Attorneys
The Massachusetts Long Term Care Insurance attorneys at Baron Law & Mediation provide services to individuals and families throughout the Greater Boston region including Essex County and Middlesex County and the cities and towns of Andover, Beverly, Billerica, Boxford, Burlington, Chelmsford, Danvers, Essex, Georgetown, Gloucester, Groveland, Haverhill, Ipswich, Lawrence, Lowell, Lynnfield, Marblehead, Melrose, Methuen, Newbury, Newburyport, North Andover, North Reading, Peabody, Reading, Salem, Saugus, Stoneham, Tewksbury, Topsfield, Wakefield, Wrentham, and Wilmington, Massachusetts.
Baron Law & Mediation, LLP
Greater Boston Long Term Care Lawyers
800 Turnpike Street, Suite 300
North Andover, MA 01845